We are a sponsored project of the Austin Creative Alliance and we wanted to take this opportunity to give a quick thank you to them for making the Media Awareness Project a possibility. The ACA “advances, connects and celebrates Austin’s arts, cultural, and creative communities in order to nourish and strengthen the character, quality of life, and economic prosperity of our region.” Among other things, some of the work ACA does includes the following:
- ACA presently provides direct services to 51 emerging arts groups and 420 member organizations and individuals—across several disciplines.
- ACA’s NowPlayingAustin site and Austin Arts Minute on YNN bring events and activities of 783 organizations to 250,000 households weekly.
- ACA’s sponsorship of Austin’s New Works Theatre Community garnered a $90,000 Mellon Foundation planning grant. (RudeMechs, FuseBox, TheatreActionProject are grads of ACA’s sponsorship program.)
- ACA partners with Fractured Atlas to bring affordable health, liability, teaching artist insurance to region’s cultural workers.
- ACA is currently working with Pew Charitable Trusts to help bring their Cultural Data Project to Texas to serve artists, funders, and arts organizations.
We are really excited to have the chance to build this project in the Austin Arts Community. It is a part of our core mission to bring access to the arts to at-risk and underserved areas. You can reach the Austin Creative Alliance at 512-247-2538 if you have more questions about the services they provide.